Massachusetts Continuing Education COURSE
Real Estate Advertising Compliance and the Law
As a real estate professional, you already know that advertising your properties and your business is a must for success. But successful advertising is more than just using MLS or running an ad in your local paper. There are numerous state and federal laws to which you must adhere. There are target markets to gauge and understand. There is an assortment of different advertising methods from which to choose. And there’s a mastery of language to leverage to ensure that your advertisements and listing descriptions get noticed.
In this course, we’re going to look at how to create compelling advertisements that adhere to federal and state standards, attract consumers, and serve your clients’ best interests.
Course highlights include:
- A look at the methods used to advertise properties
- A review of federal fair housing guidelines and how they influence your advertisements
- Tips for writing engaging listing descriptions
- An overview of Regulation Z and its trigger terms
- A review of advertising guidelines for apartment rentals, out-of-state properties, and inducements
- A close look at an assortment of sample advertisements
- Activities and examples to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context