Hawaii Continuing Education COURSE
2019 Hawaii Core Part A: Protect Your License
This compliance-focused three-hour course, Protect Your License, and 2019 Real Estate-Related Legislation, is part of the Hawaii Real Estate Commission’s six hours of required curriculum for 2019 and 2020. Licensees should be familiar with Hawaii’s regulatory foundation and the laws and rules that govern their daily business practice.
Legislative updates are included, some of which passed into law within days of publication. This course provides licensees with an overview of changes most pertinent to Hawaii real estate. Topics include condominium assessments, taxes, and licensing.
- House and Senate bills relating to the real estate industry
- Hawaii’s regulatory foundation of licensed professions
- Licensee reporting requirements
- Licensing sanctions, including complaints and causes for disciplinary action
- Detailed coverage of license suspension, revocation, relinquishment, and hearings
- How to avoid unethical conduct
- How to disclose and confirm agency relationships to all parties in a real estate transaction
- Activities and examples to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context